Monday, August 13, 2012

Google Apps to help disseminate info to my Choir students

Using Google apps to help give info to my students is going to be invaluable.  Currently, I see one drawback that I probably won't have any control over.  Not all my students will have access to internet at home.  Still, every single one of my students has access to a computer during school and even after school at our Library.  I think it's going to be important to make a visit to my Blog and Docs mandatory at least once a week or so for all students.  Maybe that way they will get used to getting online and checking things out regularly.  That's my idea for now, at least.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.  I know I won't have enough time to take them to the computer lab once a week (that would take up way too much rehearsal time).  I'm not sure they'd all get a chance to get online and check on things here.  This will be my first year trying this out, so it will be a wok in progress.  Here we go!!!  Again, any ideas as to how to get more participation, I'm very open to your suggestions.  I have approximately 250 students.  Thanks for your interest and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment